October 15, 2008

Festive Pumpkin Pie

I tried a new recipe today. Ricky loves pumpkin pie and I know that I will never be able to make one like his mom. This has happened before on pinto beans , Ricky said "There good but not as good as my mom's" and so that was the end of my pinto bean making. So, I found a recipe for a frozen pumpkin pie, I love frozen pies and he loves pumpkin so it should be a match made in pumpkin pie heaven.


Its still in the freezer but the prefrozen tasted really good. Here's the recipe


Festive Pumpkin Pie


2 cups of crumbled ginger snaps

1/3 cup of melted butter

1- 15 oz can pumpkin

1-7oz jar marshmellow cream

1-15oz tub cool whip

* pecans for garnish


In 9 inch pie pan mix melted butter and ginger snaps together to form a crust on bottom and sides of pan.


Mix pumpkin and marshmellow cream with wire whisk till smooth

add 2 cups cool whip and mix throughly.


Pour mixture into ginger snap crust and freeze for 4 hours.

30 mins before serving

Put remaining cool whip on pie and garnish with pecans

0 people actually cared enough to comment on this: