March 27, 2009

Struggling

I'm needing to vent about my kiddo. He is not getting same and different concept and it's driving my crazy. I just don't know how else to get him to understand. I've used toys, flash cards, clothes, shoes, books, movies, fruits, veggies and still nothing. It's one of those concepts that he just doesn't grasp. Ugh!

Colors are the same thing. He gets it half the time but then he starts really messing them up. White is green, red is black just crazy stuff!! It is wearing me out.

Potty training has had a huge set back!! He was staying dry at night, and being able to go to the potty at home 1 or 2 times a day. Now? Wet at night, Accidents all day. He refuses to sit on the potty for any length of time and just looks at us like we are crazy. What am I going to do??? I want him potty trained before the baby gets here. (And no I haven't made a big deal about that to him) Someone please tell me it gets better.


1 people actually cared enough to comment on this:

Maya said...

Hi, thanks for leaving the comment on my blog about melatonin. We ended up not giving the melatonin but went with the "cry it out" technique--not much fun with a 4 1/2 year old! It got better every night though and took about a week to get him to stay in his bed and sleep through the night again.

And regarding other stuff, I say vent away! That's what these blogs are for. I was about to rename mine "annoying stuff Leo does" I was venting so much. It's cheaper than therapy, that's what I say. Also congratulations and all the best to you in this pregnancy. Very exciting! --Maya