September 4, 2008

Sarah Palin's speech

I've never really paid attention to the elections, I have voted but my opinion was on what my parents told me they thought. This year I decided that I would go into this election not really listening to others, choosing what I thought was right and deciding on the issues that mattered to us. (RKR)

I have thought with every speech from Obama that it was all put on. Look how great I am. I have great words and make these huge promises. Plus I fill up stadiums and have parties everywhere I go.


Last night Sarah Palin took the stage at the RNC and she closed the deal I think. Yes, her 17 year old daughter is pregnant. How many teens in America are pregnant, how many of those teens were raised with conservative values? I bet lots. How many parents have a child serving in the military? How many have a child with special needs?


So I'm posting some of my favorite quotes from her speech last night. I'd love to hear what others think about her speech.

**The quote that brought tears to my eyes**

"Our family has the same ups and downs as any other ... the same challenges and the same joys. Sometimes even the greatest joys bring challenge.
And children with special needs inspire a special love.
To the families of special-needs children all across this country, I have a message: For years, you sought to make America a more welcoming place for your sons and daughters.
I pledge to you that if we are elected, you will have a friend and advocate in the White House."



I'm not going to Washington to seek their good opinion - I'm going to Washington to serve the people of this country. Americans expect us to go to Washington for the right reasons, and not just to mingle with the right people.

Our opponents say, again and again, that drilling will not solve all of America's energy problems - as if we all didn't know that already.
But the fact that drilling won't solve every problem is no excuse to do nothing at all.

" it's easy to forget that this is a man who has authored two memoirs but not a single major law or reform - not even in the state senate. ~ about Obama

There is only one man in this election who has ever really fought for you ... in places where winning means survival and defeat means death ... and that man is John McCain.

One of my favorite moments is where her youngest daughter was shown spit combing baby Trig's hair. Soo adorable!

0 people actually cared enough to comment on this: