September 17, 2008

Tonight the menu is...

Santa Fe Soup

This is one of my favorite things to eat when it gets cooler weather. (I actually like it anytime)

1 lb ground beef browned with a small onion
2 cans kidney beans
1 can black beans
1 can niblet corn
2 packages of taco seasoning
2 packets of Ranch dressing ( I like Hidden Valley the best)
*2-3 cups of water depending on how much soup you like

I usually put all the ingredients in the crock pot and let simmer all day (6-8 hours) on low.

*Tonight I put it all in a huge pot and have in on medium for 35 mins*

I'm looking for some recipes that I can fix and freeze. As it gets closer to baby #2 being here I want to freeze some things so I can just warm them up. Leave me some comments with ideas, Please!!!! I want to feel like more than 1 person reads my blog.

1 people actually cared enough to comment on this:

Anonymous said...

That sounds really good! I'm so gonna cook it. It's seems easy which is what I love. One of my faves to cook is chicken spaghetti. Boil 1 lb. vermicelli (the very tiny spaghetti) and drain. Cook a couple of chicken breasts and cut or shred into pieces. Mix 1 can of cream of chicken, 1 can of cream of mushroom, 1 can of cream of celery and 1 cup of milk. Stir it all together and top with mozarella cheese. Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes or until the cheese is melted. It's very tasty. I've never frozen it before, but it's really easy and delicious. And BTW...I read your blog everyday :-)